Saturday, February 14, 2009

Walking and Belly Dance and Knott's


Lately I was depressed because I felt like I was getting fatter and fatter in spite of all my efforts. So I was quite happy today when I compared measurements from May 2007 with today. I've actually lost an inch on my waist and my hips are the same. So I'm not ballooning up like I thought. It's small encouragement but it just proves how our mind can trick us.
On Thursday I walked to Knott's Berry Farm and back, which took me an hour. I did have to sit and rest once I got there, so the walk took about 40 minutes. I'm thinking of getting the yearly pass so I can actually walk inside the amusement park. Part of the reason I don't walk more is this neighborhood is boring and about the most unsafe neighborhood I've lived in. But inside the park they have fun things to look at and security. And I can see the live shows too.
I was thinking of walking there again on Friday but it was closed and it rained all day.
Today I spent an hour doing housework without any breaks to get my heart rate up. I did laundry, vaccuumed, took out trash, and so forth. And I walked up and down the alley and did some belly dance moves. One thing I've noticed is my knees are not flexible anymore and any serious bending hurts. I'm not sure if I can fix that by working out more or if my knees are just shot from being overweight and from years of dancing. We'll see. It's discouraging but I can work around it.
My main goal right now is to do cardio six days a week for at least 30 min. with two hours of exercise overall counting stretching, warm-ups, cool downs and so forth.

No comments: