Saturday, February 04, 2012

New Fitness Plan

This morning I was sitting on the couch when this fitness program came on and talked about an insanity workout where they work out 45 minutes a day for 6 days a week for 60 days. So I decided to do my own workout only in their time parameter.

I decide the alley in front of my open garage is my best option. Our neighbors let their dog poop on the grass so unless I want to clean that up every day the common lawn is out. Plus it's often marshy because the timer is set on too much water. Ah the joys of renting. I laid out a mat so I could take my shoes off on the asphalt. I want to get a rug instead because the mat is slippery. I also got a radio hooked up and an easy to read clock. I put up a calendar so I can keep track of my workouts. Now the hardest thing is to grow a thick skin so that when my neighbors park right there and stare at me, I don't get rattled. They aren't supposed to park in the alley but they do. Then they just sit there while one of them runs upstairs for 20 minutes. I found out I don't work out as hard when I'm being watched. Even if they aren't watching, I can't forget they are there. My workout consists of any moves I can do without aggravating current injuries. So it is mostly stretching and dancing, though I might incorporate some juggling.

No comments: